So I recently found out that the beautiful Charlotte from Charlotte C nominated me for the Liebster adward.
A massive thank you to Charlotte! The following is what I copied from her blog explaining it all and I am so overwhelmingly touched and super happy/excited about this! I have been looking for a reason/suitible platform to share a littlle more about myself so here is my chance.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
So here it goes...
11 things about me...
- I'm a student nurse and nursing is my main passhion in life. I don't do it because of the money/hours/status I do it beacuse I love the mix of human interaction and caring and the intellegence/ constant learning involved. I can talk for hours about any aspect of nursing- from giving a bed bath to ops. I love it! I don't really get the nuses who qualify and go straight into community nurrsing/ homes/ outpatients- its just too dull!
- I'm 22 and still live at home- you CANNOT fully suppoort yourself as a student nurse and I choose a car (so I can actually get to work without a 3 1/2 hour round trip) over a flat.
- I'm vegertarian and haven't ate meat since I was 6 and fish since I was 9. I don't (to my knowledge) eat anything with animal products in it that is not eggs, dairy or honey.
- I hate pastry and mash potato and mayonasie gives me a headache- but other than that I will happily eat any veggie food.
- I have a twin sister and an older sister. We are close but very very differnt in what we like.
- I love DIY and alter a lot of my clothes- not just because I like to change how they look but I have a very big bust (32G) so struggle to find clothes that would fit.
- I mostly shop in charity shops, I like gettting clothes that are a bit different and if you know youre not going to find somehitng that fits perfectly you might as well get something for a couple of pounds from a charity shop. Also i like the feeling I'm helping the community so I dontae everything I no longer wear as well.
- I have this overwhelming feeling that I am actually an Amozonian Goddess and as such have a massive sense of self confidence in my abilities and think I can achieve anything. This is why I started the blog.
- I think that every women has thiss level of power in her- and just needs a bit of help letting it all out.
- I have a tattoo of a moon on my wrist as a symbol of my Goddess power- I have been known to point it out to patients when they are being difficult. I don't think they believe I'm a Goddess but its a easy way to distract the situation. I have 4 other tattoos.
- I love my boyfriend- he is supportive of not only me and incredibly talented, but just fantastic. I tell him I hate him more than I love him, and we have far from a normal relationship- but I love him.
Charlottes 11 questions...
- Sweet or savoury?
Savoury. Although it hasn't always been that way, until I went on a very strict diet I would have said it was about equal (although I have always preferred naturally sweet fodd such as fruit to sweets).
- Three things that irritate you?
When medical people presume that what I say is irrelevant/ wrong/ not worth the time because I'm relitivly young and still a student- besides that fact I read and throw myself into situations to learn so my opinins are backed up by facts and evidene rather than the excuse "this is they ways its done". I'm not stupid- just because I have trouble expressing what I'm trying to say doesn't mean I'm saying the wrong thing, actually give me a chance and listen. (I follow htis when ever anyone else is trying to speak- part of nursing both as a qualified and student is that you undertake a role to teach/mentor others so I try to take on everyones point of view and actually listen to others. Its a vital part of teaching and leadership).
People presuming that because I'm a vegetarian that I have a master plan to convert everyone else and actually enjoy people arguing with me, even thouugh I generally don't mention it unless I'm offfered non-veggie food and they ask. I don't care if anyone eats meat or not- just don;t touch my plate/ me. (I also hate it when people take food off my plate when I'm eating).
If you have read my previous post you would know I get a fair few stare/ comments from others for my awkward sense of style- and it irritates me how narrow minded people can be.
- When are you at your happiest?
Eating biscuits with Chris and a clean Dylan.
- Proudest moment/achievement to date?
Getting into uni to do nursing without any exam or interview- I just rang up and was offered a place over the phone. They loved me.
- Something you wear everyday
My body jewellery- Nose stud, 8mm stretch lobes, black curved barbel in my rook, black labet in my tragus and barbel in my smilie. I also have small silver hoops in my second holes in my lobes 80% of the time.
Clothing wise I don't wear anything eveyday other than knickers- can't leave the house with out my undies.
- Describe your style in three words
I don't know..... I would love to know what you guys think.
- Are you a tea drinker or a coffee drinker?
Tea- either strong (NOT left to brew) with 1/3 teaspoon of sugar and a tiny splash of milk, or black. Or herbal tea of all flavours.
- What would you most like to do if money weren't a problem?
Job wise- I'll still be a nurse, life wise I would like to travel the world (although I still plan to do this it will just take longer then I would like)
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Turn my alarm on snooze 3 or 4 times, then have a wash and clean my teeth.
- What is the last thing you do at night?
Either check I have set my alarm or go for a wee.
- What was the last film you watched?
My 11 questions...
- Favorite food?
- What do you think is the best/ most appealing part of your blogging style?
- Who are your top 5 bloggers?
- What do you like least about other bloggers?
- Describe your style.
- What do you wear every day? Be it clothing, hair or makeup?
- What is your favorite item of clothing and beauty prodict?
- What do you love about your style that no one else understands?
- What do you hate about fashion that everyone else loves?
- A genie gives you 3 wishes- what do you wish for?
- Why did you start blogging? and what is the story behind your name?
My 11 nominations...