Listening to: It's My Life- No Doubt.
It feels like I haven't blogged in AGES! I'm sorry but my life mostly exists with work, work, a bit of sleeping and more work. Apart from last Sunday.
Sunday was both Chris dad and my oldest friend April birthday. Yes I went out for two tasty meals plus cake (following my pizza breakfast), with lots of laughing and just an amazing time. Although it was a bit of a rush getting from one to the other- it turned out for the best. I didn't get that really unhappy feeling when you've had a nice day and its not quite over but all the fun has ended- because I obviously went to two (spoilt!). I LOVE Chris family and (although I'm not 100% sure) they like me too, and Aprils family is almost like my second family- her mum even keeps emergency meals in the freezer for me :) Plus me April and her siblings argue and play fight and annoy and laugh like family :)
Other than that I spent some much needed time with Chris and a little DIY project.
Meet the Jodie version of a floral crown :)
I adore bloggers such as Megan (from The Briar Rose) and Amy (from The Little Magpie) and they make me wish I could get away with amazing flower full crowns in my hair. The amazing 'Whole Lotta Rosie' crown from Crown and glory is unbelievable, as is the 'Beatrice' crown from Rock 'n' Rose, or the super cute woodland inspired 'Woodland Copse: A Butterfly Crown' crown from Crown and Glory.
But (although they look amazing) it's not quite me. But I wanted a crown- so I made my own Green crown.
I bought all oh my supplies either from Hobby Craft (my favourite shop in the entire universe), or had in my craft crate.
1) I marked where I wanted the crown to end above my ears with a eyeliner (so I could easily rub it off).
2) and cut out a piece of felt to the length I anted between the two eyeliner marks and washed off the marks.
3) Then I rounded the edges.
5) I wanted to attach the leaves to the length of felt as it was a little easier, and to avoid any of the edges rubbing onto my head.
6) and here are some of the leaves etc I used.
7) My first attempt at attaching the leaves was to use glue but it took far too long to dry for the end result so was abandoned (I just wanted to show you that we all do make mistakes)
8) Working from the outer edge I attached leaves on the top half of the felt...
9)... working my way in.
11) and attached the rest of the leaves to the felt on both edges so it really filled out the crown.
12) and its complete.